Friday, March 28, 2008

Homage for IF

Have you heard of Postage People? I wonder if H. C. Andersen would appreciate the postal stamp image placed on top of a different figure, the opposite sex, too? It wasn't until after I had decided to pair these two that I realised the ironic significance between the book the woman is holding and the famous author. This postage stamp is one magnificent piece of artwork! Credit where credit is due ~ I pay homage to Hans and the artist that created this amazing stamp! Read about the famous Danish writer here. A little "Red & White Danish Dynamite"......

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely collage!!

NANCY LEFKO said...

I love your work and this is no exception !! well done !!

Sandie R said...

Gabrielle this piece is just so terrific. I love the subject and the composition. Having taken a stroll back through your blog I see you have added some really great art work. You inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Well now this is an interesting idea I haven't seen before. You blended the two images very well, great collage!

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh, this is wonderful! And looking back at your posts I see that you do have dollies, lots of dollies but yours are lovely and flat! Beautiful collage works!
Sandra Evertson

Catherine said...

very cool!

~*~Patty S said...

Hello ~ I must thank you for I am one of the lucky players in Ilonka's PPeople ATC swap. I just received your super card today! Love everything about it! I must admit this one was a bit challenging for me. I've enjoyed seeing your artwork on your blog!
Cheers! Happy Happy mail day from Magpie's Nest

~*~Patty S said...

Oh AND I adore the glassine envelope you made = wonderful touch as well!